Saturday, April 7, 2012

Postcards: 3/30 - 4/7

I feel like I've been away forever! I started a new job this past Monday and it's been exhausting. I've gotten very far behind on uploading and updating. I've received 31 cards since I last updated! I also have 15 U2Us waiting for me at the Postcrossing website. This seems like a simple hobby, but it can be time-consuming! I love it anyway though. :)

I'm going to try to keep these as organized as possible. Blogger has a limit on tags, so I'll be posting this in two parts.


First up, the United States!

From a private swap with Ron in New Jersey


Elizabeth in Delaware agreed to swap with me and she sent me this card


Tara sent the Rhode Island card. The card says the "What cheer, netop?" means "how are you, friend?". It comes from the Native Americans who used to live in the area.
A 9-year-old boy sent me the North Carolina card.


Mary Ann sent the New Hampshire card. I like what she had to say on the back: "with only 13 miles of coastline it seems silly to have a flag with a ship!". I couldn't agree more!
Tricia from Connecticut found my blog through sandbook.net and decided to send the Vietnam Veterans Memorial card to help with my collection. Thank you Tricia! It's a very touching card.


D.J. from Arkansas sent me the Arkansas card in a private swap.
Mike from New York sent the strange card for the Weird/Odd/Strange Round Robin. He says it's a New Orleans Marti Gras invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment