Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Postcards: 2/13 & 2/14

One of my main goals is to get at least one postcard from as many different countries and states as possible. Unfortunately Postcrossing seems to have a ton of members from a handful of countries. There are certain "rare" countries that it's pretty hard to get cards from. I would like to thank Elisabeth at -[Swiss Cowgirl]- for giving me pointers on how to get postcards from places that I lack. Thanks to her, I've gotten the courage to contact Postcrossing forum users directly about private swaps. I've been afraid that everybody would say no, but so far I've received nothing but positive responses. I'm expecting the arrival of several cards from "rare" countries in the following weeks. And more thanks to Elisabeth for helping me out, since Switzerland, the country where she lives, is one of the semi-rare countries. The first two cards are from her.


February 13


From Dan Chen in China:

Courtesy of Jennifer from Scotland. She says that besides the traders and clothes, the street in the photo looks exactly the same.

From Lena in Belarus, courtesy of the Eyes Closed tag. My first owl postcard!

From a fellow Kristen, who lives in Florida. We did a private swap and she sent me this incredible shuttle card. Such a shame that we'll never see another shuttle launch!


February 14

Vicki from Puerto Rico sent me this photo of Old San Juan in a private swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment