Saturday, February 18, 2012

Postcards and packages: 2/17 & 2/18

February 17

Received from Jennifer in a private swap. She says she lives 3-4 hours from either the beach or mountains. I'm jealous! I live 3-4 hours from corn fields or wheat fields.


February 18

I received postcards along with two packages today. Unfortunately, it's not all good. A Spanish girl and I had agreed to swap coins. I sent her my package last week, and as far as I know, it arrived without incident. However, the same cannot be said for the package she sent me. This is what I got:
She had wrapped the coins in tissue paper and taped it shut and then placed it in an envelope. Not noticing the hole in the bottom of the envelope, I opened the top of the envelope. I pulled out the tissue paper as it's shown in the photo. I then noticed the envelope's hole and realized that someone had ripped it open, taken out the tissue paper and untaped it, pocketed the coins, and put the tissue paper back in the envelope. Really, people? REALLY?! If I converted properly, the thief stole approximately 50¢. I hope it was worth it. The Euros and Pesetas are worthless in America and I'm sure even in Europe, the equivalent of 50¢ can buy you just at little as it can in America. Some people just suck as human beings.


In happier news, I received this card from Lena in Russia:

I had sent my collection of "Greetings From..." postcards to a fellow Postcrosser in Singapore. I received all of these beautiful cards in return:




A few weeks ago, a Postcrosser from Lithuania made a general request for a package of American items. I sent a newspaper, magnet, coins, candy, postcards, and a few other items. Today, I received this awesome package of goodies:
It includes postcards, hot chocolate, tea, a chocolate bar, other candy, a pen, a bookmark, a magnet, and a LiveStrong-type Lithuaniam-themed bracelet. I love getting packages like this!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool =) I love looking at all the fun things you get in the mail!

    ReplyDelete