Monday, January 30, 2012

P&L: 1/30... and a 101 in 1001 update!

Firstly...



I reached my goal weight! All that dieting and exercising has paid off. Now it's all maintenance from here on. I had put on a bit of pudge after marrying last September and got concerned about having a belly while wearing a bikini this summer. Yes, I admit, my goal to get healthy was purely based on a shallow reason! :) It was definitely worth it! Even my husband has noticed that I can carry heavy items much easier and that I no longer get winded walking up the stairs in our apartment.


I've also decided to edit one of my goals in the 101 in 1001 project. Originally for #15 I had "See 10 classic movies I've never seen". Problem is, I hate classic movies. They bore me to tears. And the point of the project is to accomplish things that are do-able. I came to realize that this wasn't. So I've decided to edit it to make it more to my liking. There are several Disney movies that I either haven't seen and have always wanted to and others that I know I've seen but don't remember. So I'm changing that goal to "See 10 Disney movies I've never seen/don't remember". Much more manageable!


Now for postcards and letters. I received two postcards and one letter today.

From a Postcrosser in Singapore:


From my postcard pal Anna in Poland. So many of the cats on these postcards remind me of my Roscoe!


A letter from my Polish pen pal Weronika. I just love her stationery!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you've got my postcard, that's great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Sooo cute! I'll be writing back today.

      Delete
  2. Awww I'm sad you changed your classic movies one! I've actually found a few that I really liked =) But they do all seem to be mostly romantic comedies, so if you're not into that genre I can def understand why LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only a handful of today's romantic comedies I can stand. And with older movies, the acting strikes me as a bit goofy and I don't care for how the storylines seem to drag. Now Disney movies - that's 90 minutes of pure fun! :)

      Delete