Friday, January 13, 2012

Mail From Around the World

Wow, I've been away from my blog for some time! Now that I have a few more followers (hi, guys!), I'll probably start posting more. It seemed kinda silly to me to be posting all the time only for myself to read.

Lately I've really gotten into sending postcards and writing to pen pals. I joined PostCrossing, which is a website where you're given addresses of other members to send postcards to, and vice versa. Basically when you join, you request up to five addresses. For each address, there's a specific code that you write on the postcard you send to each member. When the member receives your postcard, they register the code on the PC website. For each postcard you mail out that gets registered, your address gets thrown into the pot for someone else to draw and send a postcard to you. Hopefully that makes sense!

I've been a member since November and so far have received postcards from other states in the U.S., Britain, Finland, Germany, Poland, and Hong Kong. I've mailed out to Russia, China, Belarus, the Netherlands, Germany, Taiwan, etc. I love getting mail and it's exciting to come home from work to find that a postcard from some far-off country has been delivered.

PostCrossing also has an option for requesting pen pals. I already have nine from countries like China, India, Finland, Poland, Australia, Russia, and Britain. I had three pen pals when I was younger who lived in England, Wales, and Scotland, but I've lost touch with all of them over the years.

I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more about my PostCrossing activities and my pen pals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment