Sunday, January 22, 2012

Postcards: 1/20 & 1/21

I've been participating in a lot of tags on Postcrossing lately, which has meant I've been getting lots of mail! PC's tagging has proved to be very addicting! There are several topics, such as the Disney tag, Close Your Eyes tag, USA to Europe tag, etc. Basically you "tag" the person before you and you send them a postcard based on whatever the topic is. Then someone else will "tag" you and send you a card. Most of the cards I've received in the past few days have been from tags.

January 20:

I received this one from Dawn, who I met over at TheKnot.com when I was planning my wedding. Thank you Dawn!

Lori from California sent this adorable photo of her dog.

Natasha from Belgium tagged me in the Disney Request tag. One of my requests was Aladdin!

Maija from Finland tagged me in the Churches tag. She got this postcard when she vacationed in Scotland last year.

This is one comes from Ohio and is from the Marilyn Monroe tag. I'm thinking it's from her early years. I think she looks much better natural!


January 21:

Marlous from Holland sent this as an official Postcrossing card.

Sunny from Illinois traveled through Iowa on her way to Nebraska and picked up this postcard. I think Illinois can compete with Iowa when it comes to being "The Tall Corn State"!

Jeanne from Australia sent this neat photo her photographer friend took. Pretty talented!

I participated in an Eyes Closed tag, which is pretty self-explanatory. Tag someone, close your eyes, pull a postcard out of your pile, and send it to the person you tagged. Katie from Reno sent me this strange card. Judging from the caption on the back, it's from a cartoon. That's the interesting thing about this type of tag... you never know what you're going to get!

This hockey-themed card comes from Tam in British Columbia, Canada. It was part of the Boring Card tag. I happen to like the card, since I'm such a big hockey fan! She was even kind enough to include a Vancouver Canucks sticker on the back. My husband wasn't very pleased with that, since this is a strictly St. Louis Blues household! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool! I might have to look into the postcrossing business... it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! But be prepared to spend some money. The cost of buying postcards and stamps adds up quickly! :)

      Delete